The Retail Savvy Group is expanding! And this means we’re looking for people to fill roles at our 5 venues! The Fitzroy Social- previously the Little Creatures Beer Hall in Fitzroy, The Shaw Davey Slum, The Bank on Collins, Father’s Office and Asian Beer Café.
Being a Back of House team member is no walk in the park – it means being the foundation of what our business is all about.
We love people who want to be a part of this fast-paced environment, but we want to see you shine being yourself, too. We don’t need you to look a certain ‘way’ or to be a specific ‘type’, in fact we love people that have the confidence to be themselves, but prosper with learning from experience by listening to people who have achieved their goals.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- To maintain company standards of quality, service, presentation and cleanliness and ensure that all food produced in the kitchen is in line with company standards and specifications
- To comply with all company policies and procedures
- To comply with all legislation regarding food hygiene and health and safety standards
- To work towards high scores in all inspections and audits
- To ensure all duties are completed within the time frames
- To maintain the RSG ethos and style
- Never to smoke anywhere near the restaurant when in uniform
- Maintain the highest level of discipline whilst at work
- Works well under pressure
- The ability to work in a team environment
- The ability to work in a quick and efficient manner at pace
- Good attention to detail and takes pride in his/her work.
- High standard of personal appearance and hygiene
- Punctual and reliable
- Passion for the catering industry
Knowledge / Skills
- Knowledge of food preparation techniques, basic food hygiene and occupational Health & Safety
- Experience of working in high volume branded kitchen environment
Scope and Impact
The role operates at the restaurant level and will have a large impact on the standard of food served to customers and profitability through effective portion control
What we will do for you:
We want to help you achieve your professional goals whilst developing in our growing company. You will be given the opportunity to broaden your experiences from the initial point of your employment and we will support you in this learning process. We provide extensive ongoing training and development programs that are second to none. We are committed to constant improvement in all facets of our business and we want you to come grow with us.